Steven Allen Greenberg
Steven Allen Greenberg
- Criminal Defense
- Federal Litigation
- State Government Law
- Appellate Practice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- State Criminal Defense
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Civil Rights
Steve Greenberg has over 23 years of experience as a criminal defense attorney. Steve has tried hundreds of felony cases to verdict in the state and federal courts, defending against the most serious charges. He has an unequaled record of acquittals.
Steve is widely respected by state and federal judges and prosecutors. He is one of the few attorneys selected by his fellow attorneys as both a Super Lawyer and Leading Lawyer. Both honors place him at the top 5% of all criminal defense lawyers. He is a member of the Litigation Counsel of America (an Invitation Only society limited to the top ½ of one-percent of trial lawyers). He has also received distinction as a capital qualified trial counsel in recognition of his ability to represent defendants facing the death penalty.
Steve was recently chosen by the Illinois State Bar Association to be among a select group of attorneys to appear on the training video that all new lawyers are required to watch. He explained how to prepare for and try a criminal case.
Recognized by his peers as an authority in the area of criminal defense, Steve has served as a frequent guest lecturer on trial tactics and advocacy, as well as federal and state criminal issues and principles at seminars and law schools. He has served as a speaker at continuing legal education courses for various bar organizations on criminal defense subjects.
Steve has defended many high profile cases. National known, he has served as a frequent guest commentator for the national and local media, including, MSNBC and Court TV (now known as TruTv), FoxNews, CNN, CNN International, WTTW, Fox 32, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times and other media.
Steve received his Bachelor of Science degree from Indiana University. He attained his Juris Doctor degree from the Northern Illinois University.
A lifelong Chicagoan, Mr. Greenberg understands the area and its’ people.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, De Kalb, Illinois
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Illinois, 1986
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 2008
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member of the Board, Amicus Chair
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member Criminal Justice Section Council
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers (top 5%)
- Selected as a Leading Lawyer (top 5%)
- Top Ten Criminal Defense Lawyers in Illinois
- One of the top 50 in the Country
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Guest Lecturer, Trial Tactics and Advocacy
- Frequent Guest Lecturer, Federal and State Criminal Issues and Principles
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Courses
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Capital Litigation Lawyer
Current Employment Position